Friday, May 24, 2013

Chapter 2

I really feel like chapter 2 touched on a very important subject, which is all of the responsiblities teachers have besides their responsibility to teach the students the material they need to know. When thinking of teaching, the thing that is most thought of is teaching the necessary material to the students, not on everything else the teacher is responsible for. I liked how it talked about everything from field trips to guest speakers and how to deal with various situations like these.
The chapter also talked about the various teaching styles (the three main ones being romanticisn/maturationism, behaviorism, and cognitive/experimentalism). The one that I agree with the most is the cognitive/experimentalism teaching style. I believe that children learn very well (possibly best) from doing and learning things hands on. You can talk to students about a topic and show them pictures about a topic, but they learn so much more when they become hands on with what they are learning. There is many different ways to do this, and it just depends on the topic being discussed which way to choose. Also, through this teaching style, I think that children get to express more of their opinions and views through the learning (which I think is very important). Children have many importnat things to say and I believe that we can learn as much from them as they learn from us.

No comments:

Post a Comment