Friday, May 31, 2013
Chapter 3
I really enjoyed this chapter about thinking and questioning. I think that all too often teachers do not use enough types of questioning, and do not wait long enough for students to answer questions they ask. If teachers wait long enough, most of the time they will recieve an answer to their question from the class. Many times, especially in older grades, students know the answer they are just afraid to say it or do not want to be involved in the class. I really like how common core is making students answer more questions and explain more things. I especailly like that they are doing this in math. I took a math class in which we had to explain how we solved every problem, and it really made me think about why I did each step of the problem. This made me understand the problems better. Also, I think that many teachers have slipped away from asking the higher level questions in the classroom. They just stick to the questions that are lower level questions and easier to answer for the students. This in turn makes the students not think as much when asking questions, so when they come across a higher level question some struggle in answering it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment